Let’s face it, the SAG-AFTRA rulebook is so confusing, that it’s almost impossible to figure out. The Producers are using this against you, and are using every trick in the book to not pay you properly. Production can be intimidating, and sometimes threatening in their response to payroll inquiries.
We take the headache and confusion out of the equation, and supply you with a detailed spreadsheet explaining exactly where any shortages are due from, along with pages from the rulebook to back up your claim. We use the same payroll program that the studios use, and stay up to date on the contract and rulebook so you don’t have to.
When you do get paid, if there is a discrepancy with your check, simply turn in the paperwork we supply you with to the payroll department, and explain that you have a payroll auditing company that does your payroll, and that we say your paycheck is short. Politely ask if they could take a look at it.
Nine out of ten times, the shortage can be handled without involving SAG-AFTRA. With our detailed paperwork, there shouldn’t be an issue in getting paid. If there is a problem, at least you know exactly how much you are owed, and won’t be relying on SAG-AFTRA to figure it out for you. Once you file a claim with SAG-AFTRA, it can take up to six months to resolve the claim, and there is the possibility they will negotiate a settlement. Don’t let it get that far.
We offer the following options.
- You Get The Exhibit G’s – You take a scan or photo of your Exhibit G at sign-out. You submit the Exhibit G’s using the applicable form.
- We Get The Exhibit G’s For You – You fill out the applicable form. We contact production and get copies of the Exhibit G’s for you. We still recommend you take a scan or photo of your Exhibit G at sign-out to cover yourself in the event they change the Exhibit G after you have signed it.
- You Go After Your Own Pay – Simply turn in the paperwork we supply you with to the payroll department and explain that you have a payroll auditing company that does your payroll for you, and that we say your paycheck is short. Politely ask if they could take a look at it.
- We Go After Your Pay For You – We contact payroll for you and recover any money due. In the event that we are having problems, we will contact SAG-AFTRA to discuss possible solutions for you, and then advise you on what avenue to take. We charge 10% for any funds we recover for you. If you end up filing a claim with SAG-AFTRA, we do not charge the 10% for any funds recovered through the claim.
- We Do Everything For You – We do everything in options 2 & 4 above.